I’m no good at sticking to resolutions really, so this year I’m giving myself some guidelines to follow, that way I won’t feel such a failure when I look back at them and inevitably have achieved nothing. I’ve split them up into me/home/blog.
Home (I plan for these to be joint with Sam of course!)
- Empty the dishwasher when It’s done so dirty stuff can go right back in.
- Empty the washing machine and put away clean clothes right away instead of dumping in a pile on the floor. If I can manage these two things I will SO much happier as I won’t be navigating round piles of stuff on a daily basis!
- De-clutter every room once a month and donate/give away things we don’t need/use. I want a simpler, cleaner life.
- Be more consistent with my Stuff on a Sunday posts, do them at least fortnightly if not weekly.
- Do a monthly Siblings post as I have been doing, but to start doing a ‘me and mine’ family photo post too.
- Continue running the #WhatMyKidDid link up on the 1st of the month, and to write more about both children.
- Say “No” more. I’ve been doing this a lot more since Arlo arrived and will continue to do so. I’m going to evaluate every review offer/campaign to ensure that what I get out of it is worth my time/effort and valuable to my readers too. I’m not happy with the ratio of own posts to commercial (review, paid, guest posts etc) and want to even it out a bit and also lessen my workload as I’ll be finishing maternity leave in my day job soon too.
- Find some time for me each month. A haircut, yoga class, country walk, lunch with friends. Just some time without kids. Hopefully as Arlo gets a bit older Sam and I will be able to have a date or two too but at the moment he won’t settle without being breastfed!
- Read 60 books. My target was 30 for 2015 and I read forty, so for 2016 the target is going back up to fifty like it was the year before! You can view my 40 read books here, it’s a pretty varied list!
- Keep a diary past mid February… I just threw out my 2015 diary, it was empty past February apart from a one week stint in July…
- Get less angry. Today I threw an orange at the kitchen wall, I am finding myself getting wound up by the smallest of things (like not being able to peel a sodding orange, although that was the final straw that broke the camels back) and want to stop. I know that being exhausted doesn’t help but I don’t want to set that sort of example to my children, so I will be muttering my ‘this too shall pass’ mantra (might even tattoo it!) and taking a lot of deep breaths!
What are you planning on doing/changing/starting in 2016? Please leave any links below and I’ll come and give you some encouragement! Oh and if you’ve done any sort of roundup post for the year then please join in with my Share your Year linky