Imagine taking your kids out partying on New Years Eve. It’d be fun right? If possibly a bit stressful due them being up late, having to put up with a load of drunken yoofs in a club and then waiting for ages in a queue for a cab home. But I am taking my kids out partying on NYE, only we’re heading out in the afternoon, and celebrating midnight at six pm, so they can be home and in bed by 8pm! We’re heading out to Tot Rockin’ Beats at Worthing Assembly hall for a kid friendly, bedtime friendly rave! It’s the brainchild of Dan Flanagan who was fed up with the lack of fun events that kids and adults could enjoy equally, have a bit of a boogie, do crafts, meet new people and so much more! This NYE event is the third event from Tot Rockin’ Beats in 2016, but he plans to more than double the amount of events in 2017! This one doesn’t just invite little ones along for fun but in partnership with Guildcare, a charity to support the elderly to get people out and having fun who wouldn’t normally even dream of being able to celebrate NYE! Plus, old people love watching kids have fun, and parents can have a bit of a break and let their kids have a good old chinwag with some old folk! Athena LOVES to chat to elderly folk on the bus, at the park, in the shop… she’ll be in her element!
The NYE event includes THREE different rooms plus all of this…
- The legendary ‘Stick It On’ crew that will give you the chance to live out your superstar DJ dreams
- DJs playing classic 80s & 90s party tunes
- Karaoke run by children’s TV legend Dave Benson Philips
- A side room playing 40s, 50s & 60s music and packed with classic family games
- A huge dedicated soft play area
- Jive dancing lessons from professional instructors
- A live art installation to take part in (with the art being displayed in town in January_
- Authentic Sicilian food & six flavours of Gelato
- A fully stocked bar
- And so, so much more…… including a gift donation station for unwanted christmas gifts so they can be passed on to the local Homeless Charity at Storm House in Worthing, I LOVE this idea!
I cannot WAIT to get out and party safely with my two little dudes, they both love music and dancing, all our favourite mum/kid friends will be there and mummy gets to have a drink or two with adults (as Sam is working on NYE) and still be in bed at a reasonable time ready to get up for work at 5.45am on NYD! Take a look at the video below… and if you’re local then COME! Lets have a dance and a drink together!