So this Saturday marks 12 weeks till the Wedding, the invites (that took bloody hours to hand make!) have been sent and the RSVPs are starting to come back in. I am currently feeling half relaxed, all the big things are done, and until we get all the RSVPs back there’s not much else I can finalise with regards to food/seating plans etc. I am also feeling that I have probably forgotten to even think something really major, but cant think what it is. I hope this is normal behaviour!
I have the hen do to look forward to (three weeks before W-day) and a good few evenings with various friends to look forward to who have volunteered to help with everything, baking, favours, table decoration, bouquet making, hair etc! The one thing that has surprised me and been a great comfort is the sheer amount of help that has been offered from every angle! It genuinely is very touching, and although I have declined much help thus far, I will be more accepting of it the closer the wedding gets, I’m sure!
Things left to do:
- Devise plan (and recruit friends!) to make puddings/cakes
- ‘Fun’ things for guests to do – what have you done at a wedding that really meant that you had an awesome time (photobooths/games/anything!)
- Sort out a guest book
- finalise table decor (we cant do this till we know final numbers and how many tables/layout (end to end or individual tables)
- table plan (don’t even get me started! two sets of divorced parents and all the associated hassle)
- Some kind of coat for me, and a bag!
- Button holes
- Make my bouquet
- Decide what to do for favours (any ideas welcome, but not edible I want people to be able to keep them!)
- Design and print the order of service booklet
- Decide first dance song
& I’m sure there are lots more but I genuinely cant thing of anything! Is there anything I’ve missed?
I did take some photos of the various different styled invites but I cannot for the life of me find them! so these will have to do!
Please help me out with the things I am worrying about above!! the rest of my wedding related posts can be found here