Well, here’s a filler post if ever there was one! BUT before you click the X it’s a fun one, it’s just that I am currently staying with family and enjoying spending time with Sam and Athena uninterrupted, so the blog is taking a back seat until we are home from our travels and everything is back to normal (whatever normal is!)
This post is going to be two-fold, the ‘lovely blog’ award (thank you HEAPS from Aby at YouBabyMeMummy for that one!) and second The New Year Tag from Donna at Redhead Babyled… I nominate everyone reading who fancies joining in (what a cop out, I know!)
The rules for this award are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 or so bloggers that you admire. I nominate you ALL
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the nomination. Laziness strikes!
Seven facts about me:
- I have a very sweet tooth, chocolate and caramel being particular weaknesses.
- My favourite animal is a penguin, closely followed by a sloth (apparently they both smell though so not so good as pets)
- I am an only child and never wished for siblings (that I can remember anyway)
- I chose to play the Tenor Saxophone at school because my music teacher told me I was too short for it out of spite (“try the clarinet lauren”) although it was a mission lugging it to and from school, especially when I had my flute with me too!
- I think it is weird when people sign cards from their pets as well as their children
- I am most definitely a home-bird… but ask me 3 years ago and I would have said I wasn’t. Time (and parenthood?) changes things!
- I am not an overly emotional person, I very rarely cry (what’s the point?) but Sam is sappier than your average man so we’re a good match.
Now onto the New Year Tag…
What was your highlight of 2014?
Finding out we were pregnant again, and then the realisation that I’d get another year of maternity leave off work, haha!
What are you excited for in 2015?
Learning how to parent two babies!
Any new year resolutions?
Not personal ones, as I never stick to them. I have a couple of blog related ‘blogolutions‘ though which I hope to stick to!
Well, This year I moved from blogger to WordPress and managed to do it successfully on my own, including designing my layout, so i’m pretty pleased with that. I also had a heap of lovely opportunities and experiences which I am forever thankful for.
Picture of the year?
Happy New Year to you all!