It’s a new year, which means it’s time for a quick refresh of your home decor. It’s time you get in there, clear out the cobwebs and bring a little freshness to your home for the year ahead. From taking down the Christmas decorations to reorganising the layout of the room you have in front of you, you can make some small, simple changes to clear out the house and make room for a new look.
Some people go into the new year expecting to feel flat – those January blues happen very often to a lot of people. You don’t have to feel that way if you have a project in front of you, though. With the right renovation project, you can plough your energy into hiring skips for the clutter you plan to throw out. You can go and choose your own unique paint colour choices ready to paint the walls, and you can take the time to plan an entirely new exterior, too. So, with this in mind, here are five ways that you can clear out the cobwebs and make your new year your time for a new home start.
- Add new pillows. You can really transform both the bedroom and the living room with new pillows. Throw pillows and blankets are all the rage right now, so if you are looking to get rid of the Christmas pillows and decor, choose a new colour to match the rest of the house. You will find that pillows can instantly brighten the living room and you will love the look of how they are when you pile them up!
- Make an entrance. Dusting off the front hall and porch is a good way to clear out the dust and get your home looking inviting in the new year. The front hall and porch are the first two places your guests will see. So, clean the floors and wipe down the door frames and the door, put up some new artwork on the walls and replace the lightbulbs on the walls. You can bet that you’ll love how warm and happy your home will feel as a result.
- Add a little nature. While your Christmas tree may be down, you can still add some greenery to your home. You might be tired of looking at the empty space your Christmas tree used to live in, and so you should fit it up with new plants! Floor to ceiling climbers, indoor plants in pretty plant pots and even huge vases of flowers – they all can make a difference to the way that your home looks and feels. It makes it feel fresh, which is what you want.
- Buy something new. It’s sales season! Now is the time to buy a new statement piece for your home. It doesn’t even have to be furniture: you can add a rug or new curtains and still have the same impact!
- Upgrade your paintwork. Lastly, adding a fresh lick of paint to tired looking walls will help you to really clear out those cobwebs and make your home look fresh!
This is a collaborative post.